Monday, September 28, 2009

Who is my God...


I asked God to speak to me about where I could find him. Silent but piercing were the words it spoke. It spoke of being found in eternal passion and forgiveness. It spoke of being found in a mother caressing her child's face. It spoke of a gazelle sacrificing it's flesh to the lion. It spoke of being found in you. It spoke of living in my heart. It spoke of the wind touching a blade of grass. It spoke of a smile exchanged between two strangers. It spoke of being found in the hollowness of hate and the tenderness of compassion. It spoke of a wolf's howl in the night. It spoke of the ever encompassing darkness of space. It spoke of the light that brightens my path. It spoke of the power of a wave crashing down on to the sand. It spoke of death. It spoke of the rebirth. It spoke of your hand reaching out to gently touch my face. It spoke of being found in the glow of the stars. It spoke of the will inside to stand back up after being let down. But above all, it spoke of unconditional love.


My God is you. My God is within me. My God is love.

1 comment:

  1. Sholeh,
    This really resonated with me. I have struggled with forgiveness and I am still working through it. I'm struggling to forgive my mother, who walked out on me when I was born. She showed up 10 years later only to give up on me again when I've made some poor choices in my life. There were countless nights that I wished I had someone i can lean on, but she was no where to be found. I wish she can accept me for who I am and I hope to one day forgive her and mend our relationship. Thank you for all the insightful passages; I feel like I'm in a dark stage of my life and it really helps when I read this.

    Serena

    ReplyDelete